I hope all my fellow Canadians had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful but VERY busy Thanksgiving. I hosted this year and we had both sides of the family & although there were a few missing we still had a whopping 25 people. By far the largest single room in our house is my stamping studio, so my husband and mother-in-law thought it would be a great idea to have Thanksgiving dinner there. Although I thought it was kind of a funny idea at the time, it worked out great.
As you can see we stretched from one end of my 26 foot studio, all the way to the other *lol*.
Here you can see us all gathered together – well, you can see almost all of us – with such a long narrow table it’s hard to get a good group shot.
I was very impressed with myself this year, because I did our 22 lb turkey all by myself! My grandmother has always been in charge of our turkey and did a phenomenal job of it – in fact we all thought she made the best turkey ever. As many of you know she passed away this past March, so the “turkey legacy” was passed on to me (well, at least this year it was because I hosted). I’d been watching her for years but had only every made a turkey by myself one other time – and it certainly wasn’t anywhere near 22 lbs! You can see me and my turkey in the picture to left. Of course I had to have my dad take a picture of ”us” for posterity *lol*. As you can see, it turned out beautifully – the turkey, my grandmother’s stuffing recipe and the gravy. In fact everyone said it tasted just like Mama’s so that was high praise indeed!
Anyways, it was a busy, crazy weekend, with a few stressful moments, but all in all, it was awesome. And yes, I think I’d host for that many people again *lol*
Okay, and now on to today’s card. I designed this card to be super simple so that if you had to, you could easily whip off a whole bunch. You can see a video of how it was made below:
- Take a 5-1/4″ x 10-1/2″ piece of Whisper White CS and fold it in half to create a 5-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ card.
- Take a scrap of Whisper White CS and pat a VersaMark pad all over half of it. Sprinkle on Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat emboss. Punch a snowflake out of it using the snowflake punch.
- Mat a 4″ x 4″ piece of Christmas Cocoa DP onto a 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Soft Suede CS. Temporarily center and stick it to your card front with Dotto adhesive.
- Take a 1″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Christmas Cocoa DP in the Soft Suede pattern and place some Snail adhesive in the center of the strip. Center and stick it to the snowflake DP.
- Remove the matted DP piece from your card front and lay it onto a foam mat. Lay the snowflake towards the left edge of the Soft Suede DP strip and piece a hole through the center of the snowflake and the DP using a paper-piercing tool.
- Insert a large clear rhinestone brad. Open up the prongs on the back.
- Die cut the word “joy” out of white fun foam using your Big Shot and timeless type alphabet. Stick the letters onto the Soft Suede CS strip with Tombow Multi-Purpose adhesive.
- Run your 2-way glue pen over the letters and then sprinkle on Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Tap off the excess glitter.
- Center and stick the matted DP/greeting onto your card front. You’re done!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
Click Here to Order your Stampin’ Up! Products Online 24/7! (Canada Only)
Ink: VersaMark ink pad (102283)
Paper: Whisper White CS (100730), Soft Suede CS (115318), Christmas Cocoa DP (116770)
Accessories: Bone Folder (102300), Snail adhesive (104332), Paper-Piercing Tool (116631), Mat pack (105826), Clear rhinestone brads (113144), Jumbo Snowflake punch (116628), Iridescent Ice embossing powder (101930), Heat tool (100005), Tombow Multi-purpose adhesive (110755), 2-way glue pen (100425), Big Shot (113439), Stampin’ Up! Timeless Type alphabet (115951)