Where on earth has time gone? I can’t believe that the last time I posted was on Black Friday – so sorry about that folks. As I mentioned in my update, I have been so focused on moving everything over to the new website and all the other associated stuff, that time has rather escaped me.
Today is a very special day in our household as it’s my Grandpa’s 92nd birthday. His favorite birthday present so far?….his driver’s license. Here in Canada, when you are over the age of 80 you have to take your driver’s test every 2 years. This was the year my grandpa had to take it and he passed once again, so he’s over-the-moon happy. As many of you know, my Grandpa and Grandma moved in with us in November 2008, and then just 4 months later my Grandma passed away unexpectedly. My Grandpa was devasted (as you can imagine) as his whole life was about my Grandma and taking care of her.
When she was gone, he didn’t know what to do with himself – he needed to feel needed, – in his words, he didn’t want to be a burden, he wanted to help. So he took on the job of driving the kids to and from school and to and from many of their evening activities – an absolutely vital task that makes our life SO much easier. With our 5 children all involved in activities, and sometimes 3 kids needing to be in different places all at the same time…..well, we couldn’t do it without him. In addition to his “job” as family driver, he has also taken on sorting out the recycling and putting out the garbage, as well as stocking up on groceries that are on sale.
I’m sure you’ve heard me mention some of my grandpa’s shopping escapades? Well he LOVES a deal, and when something is on sale for a really cheap price, he can’t resist stocking up. So when the 750 g blocks of cheese are on sale at $4.99 (regular $8.99), he’ll come home with 50 of them. When the 2 L jugs of real orange juice are on sale for $1.99 (regular $6.49) he’ll come home with about 20 of them. 60 lbs of bacon, 20 packages of flour tortillas, 100 cans of soup, a drawer full of avocados…….these are just a few of his purchases. In addition to our regular fridge/freezer in our kitchen, downstairs we have two full size refrigerators (with freezers) as well as a chest freezer and an upright freezer…..and they are all full of my grandpa’s deals. Sometimes I wonder if what he saves on groceries, we spend on electricity LOL!
In the picture below you can see my Grandpa with our dog Ginger – who is his favourite “great-grand-daughter” (you can see he still wears his wedding band).
Here you can see the birthday card I made him using my Stampin’ Up! products which I’ll be giving him tonight when we celebrate his birthday:
The video tutorial and pdf handout will be in PCL next week in both the SU Video gallery as well as the full PCL gallery.
I also wanted to share a last-minute holiday gift idea – a Christmas Family Heirloom Printer’s Tray we (Tracy and I) created – which I’m giving as a gift to the grandparents on both sides (my parents and Todd’s parents) and then one we are giving to Grandpa, except his has a picture of him and Ginger in place of my family photo in the bottom right.
We created our project using the 7 Gypsies 12 x 12 Artist Printers tray and embellished it using Stampin’ Up! product.
We have put together a digital tutorial which includes:
- a pdf handout with a detailed supple list, step-by-step written directions and close-up photographs;
- an 8 part video tutorial which visually demonstrates how to create this project from start to finish;
- a printable “joy” sentiment for those of you that don’t have the stamp set we used.
- a dove template and SVG cut file for those of you that don’t have the stamp set we used
We are making the digital tutorial available for purchase in the Sunny Stampin’ Store for $12.95 – OR, read below for how you can receive the tutorial absolutely FREE (US only)…….
If you are in the US – we are a carrying a limited quantity of this tray (50 in all) on Amazon priced at $25.01 US with FREE Shipping.
When you purchase this printer’s tray directly from Paper Crafter’s Library on Amazon using this link (also provided below)…you will receive the tutorial absolutely FREE ($12.95 value).
* In order to receive the free shipping from Amazon when you check out you have to make sure you select Free Super Saver Shipping otherwise, by default, Amazon will charge you for Standard Shipping.
Please read the fine print below for info on how to receive the tutorial once you have purchased your tray.
Please note the fine print:
- At this point in time, this offer is only valid in the US – due to time constraints before Christmas we are not able to offer this within Canada or outside the US. We are testing out carrying products on Amazon and fulfilling them through Amazon, which at this point in time only allows us to ship within the US.
- We only have a LIMITED number of printer’s tray’s available (50 in all) – so this offer is first come first serve.
- In order to receive your FREE tutorial you must email us a copy of your receipt after purchase to email@example.com.
- ONLY Printer’s Tray purchases made through Paper Crafter’s Library on Amazon (using the link above) are eligible for the FREE tutorial – Printer’s tray purchases made from other sellers do not qualify.
- This offer is not associated with Amazon in any way – your free tutorial is a bonus gift provided by Paper Crafter’s Library as a thank you for purchasing from our Amazon store.